BGUndead by Daniel

I decided to get involved in my first extracurricular organization and join the group BGUndead. Now BGUndead is basically a giant game of tag where there are two teams, the zombies who do the tagging, and the humans who try not to be tagged. The humans use Nerf guns and balled-up socks to defend themselves from the zombies who try to turn the humans into zombies by placing one hand on each of the human’s shoulders.

I was positively bursting with excitement to get involved in the awesome game. So I first went to the mandatory “rules meeting” to sign up, but embarrassingly I was so eager that I got there a full hour early. The organization’s officers had already gathered for the meeting, and I was amazed to discover how easily approachable they all were. We spent the hour leading up to the meeting joking around and watching funny videos on a laptop.

When everyone got there, we excitedly listened as the officers explained the rules of the giant game of tag. I was almost unable to stay in my seat because I was so pumped! Grinning from ear to ear, I got in line to sign my forms and buy my bright blue, game bandanna.

Suddenly I heard a ringtone that sounded like a videogame that I played when I was young. I chuckled and said, “That made my day!” Everyone laughed that we had all geeked out at the sound of the tone and we talked about videogames that we had played when we were young until we got to the front of the line. I signed the waiver, bought my bandanna and immediately tied it around my head.

I left that meeting with a skip in my step, convinced that this game would introduce me to dozens of people new friends. I could hardly sleep knowing that the game would be beginning the very next day.  🙂 I’ll write a follow-up when the game is over.