A Spring in Your Step

spring in your stepBetween the homework, the papers, the exams, and the dreaded finals, sometimes all I need is a good, old-fashioned walk. Usually, around this time of year, I just need a break. Spring break has already come and gone (way too quickly for that matter) and I can just barely see the light at the end of the tunnel: Summer. It’s times like these that I find myself needing some fresh air.

Thankfully, the weather here is perfect. It makes walking around campus all the more fun. The snow has melted, the frost is no longer in existence, and the sun has remembered to do its job. Spring is just beginning and soon the buds on the trees will be in full blossom. The warm breeze that accompanies the warm sun feels powerful enough to blow my worries out of the water. While I wish that were actually true, sometimes it’s just enough to get my mind off of things.

In the springtime, campus truly is bustling. I see boys playing basketball in the courts between Kreischer and Harshman, I hear girls talking with their friends on a nearby bench, and I smell the delicious aroma of food wafting from the doors of the Oaks. While all of these things bring a huge smile to my face, I would have to say that the best thing about BGSU in the spring is the dogs. I know what you’re thinking… The dogs?! The dogs.

Spring means warm weather. Warm weather means dogs are itching to rid themselves of their pent-up winter energy. Dogs wanting to get outside along with the warm weather means that their owners are willing to walk them and what a better place to walk them than BGSU’s campus?

You’d be surprised at how excited college students get when they encounter a dog. The stress and fatigue of the day gets wiped away as soon as the dog playfully licks their face. I’ve seen it firsthand.

Spring in Bowling Green is great and sometimes you just have to get out of the library and take a walk in order to really enjoy it. When you do, don’t forget to stop, smell the roses, and pet the dogs; they might just put a spring in your step. — Colleen