It’s better to learn about the Honors College in person

When visiting college campuses, I always found that information was more reliable when
I heard it from an actual person rather than just reading it in a pamphlet.

There is a lot of information about the Honors College that is sent in emails or found on the program website, but I don’t think you can truly get a sense of the program until you meet the people in it.

On Feb. 21, 2014, the Honors College will be hosting a preview day where students can get an overview of
the college and see what it is like to be an honors student.

I remember going to this preview day two years ago, and though I didn’t realize it at the time, it truly was a pretty accurate representation of what the Honors College is about.

You get to participate in a class with an honors professor, giving you a good feel for how the teachers in the college will teach you and challenge you.

The preview day also gives an overview of the Honors Learning Community. This is a
great community that focuses on fun ways of learning and allows you to make friends
within the college.

Witnessing how students in the community interact with each other, rather than just seeing pictures online, gives you a much better sense of the relationships that can come out of the Honors College.

The preview day is a great chance for you to see how you will be treated as an honors student, and what kinds of students and professors you will be working with throughout your college career.