Follow your Dreams by Vidya

Vidya-nalawade

Vidya Nalawade

“The world isn’t all sunshine and rainbows…”

“It is a very mean and nasty place. It will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me or nobody is going to hit as hard as life. But it isn’t about how hard you hit, it is about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much can you take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” – Rocky Balboa (2006)

http://www.rocky.com/

Whenever I am depressed I read this quote, it motivates me a lot. Today was really a challenging day for me. It is so true that life is not a movie or a play where things will always happen the way you want. After coming here to BG, I learned so many new things, and I was very lucky to find nice people around me (99% lucky). But, it is also true that I found some people who are there to challenge you about your existence. I agree that it can be hard sometimes, to sustain yourself here in a competitive environment while also trying to manage all the other changes like weather, a new culture, new people, a new style of academics. But believe me guys, if you are planning to come here to achieve something, then you must be ready to work hard for it.  It takes a lot of courage and you should be proud of yourself.

So be positive and get ready for the next challenge of your life. If you really work hard, you WILL achieve your dreams. I know that students face so many issues when they are out of their comfort zone, and they are scared about it, but I learned one thing:  If you work hard, you get it because you deserve it.  So just trust yourself and things will be fine. So get ready and pack your bags, and remember the saying “Never give up and never stop believing.”

Cheers,

Vidya Nalawade