Clearly BG by Rebecca

On December 9, 2009, I was in the car on my way to yet another college visit. Yawn. It was windy and cold, and the only redeeming factor in the day was that I was missing a day of classes back home.

BGSU was my fifth of five college visits and by December 9, I had already decided where I was going for my higher education. It was a university that was a little over 45 minutes from my house, while BGSU was a little over 3 hours away. Though I was set on this other university, I decided to go on the visit to BGSU since I had already sent in an application.

The second I stepped onto campus, I knew I was wrong about my previous decision. I know it sounds cliché, but I knew right away that this was where I was going to go. I walked to a presentation which I honestly didn’t pay attention to. My mom sat next to me frantically writing notes about things I didn’t care about yet like costs, security of the dorms and whether classes were taught by professors or graduate students. My dad sat next to her, confused with what my mom was doing. This was his first college visit. I was used to the routine.

After the presentation (which, in hindsight, did provide great information) we went for the tour which ended up being my favorite part. I had an awesome tour guide and I really enjoyed the day, which is saying a lot. Though I was born and raised in Cincinnati, I do not appreciate cold, wind, or snow. The day we visited was both cold and windy. The fact that I still loved the campus in that was a clear indicator that I belonged at BGSU. Though I haven’t yet started my life at BGSU, I can’t wait to continue learning more about BGSU.
Until next time,
Rebecca