Bitten off more than I can chew?

After meeting with my client today I am wondering if I have bitten off more than I can chew with this project. The general manager is very excited about the marketing plan and is pushing the owners for approval on more items than I originally thought she would. This is a great thing because it means she sees a benefit to the items I’ve identified as ways to increase their reach into the local bridal market. But it’s also a bad thing because I am not sure I’ll be able to produce all of these items within the time constraints of the class. I will have to chose the items with the best opportunity to impact business and concentrate on getting those done during this semester and then continue working with the client after the class has ended to complete the desired items.

This entry was posted in VCT4670. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Bitten off more than I can chew?

1. arupp says:

This sounds like what’s happened during the co-ops I’ve done, so I know why you would start feeling overwhelmed at the thought of having to do more than you thought you would. It seems that once the client gets a taste of what you can do and realizes the benefits your work can provide them, they start thinking that you can do almost anything for them and begin asking for more and more as time goes on. During my co-ops, my boss has often been guilty of this as well, giving me more and more projects she needs me to get done when I’m busy trying to complete what she has already given me. The best advice I can offer in this situation is to try and have the client provide you with some kind of schedule as to when certain tasks you are given will be due, so that you know what needs to be top priority and can make those the top priority items to get out of the way.