Bridal Show Review

This weekend I attended a bridal show that my client was participating in. There were 3 direct competitors at this show so I signed up for the show as a bride and visited their booths loaded with questions and to gather copies of their marketing collateral. I also had someone walking around the show taking photos on their ipod of the competitor’s booths so I could share them with my client. I must admit that my client’s booth was the least impressive of all party centers, mainly because everyone else used pull up banners or pop-up booths behind their tables to draw attention to who they were and what they did. This is an aspect of my marketing plan and now I can show the client exactly why we need to act on this immediately. The marketing pieces I gathered and the questions I got answered are going to be extremely helpful in identifying what is the key thing that will distinguish St. Denis from the other party centers. Overall, this was a very beneficial way to spend my Saturday…plus I won 3 spray on tan sessions from one of the vendors!

This entry was posted in VCT4670. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Bridal Show Review

1. Glad to see that your thinking and planning about how to “Market” – many small wedding type businesses really don’t know hoe to market their products or services very well. Scoping out competitors at the show was a great idea – know their weaknesses.