Rhetorical Analysis

April 13th, 2009

This project analyzed the rhetorical choices made for the PSA: “Teen Dating Violence Prevention-Textual Harassment.” This will help me to think critically in the future when I approach my own writing, with understanding the functions of rhetorical elements. The PSA allows teens to recognize it first as a problem then provides the tools to initiate a conversation about it, and a web site: thatsnotcool.com. With the growing digital era, new problems and dilemmas are created that we are not yet sure how to address and handle.  Awareness is the first step. My rhetorical analysis explores how the PSA effectively understands their audience, delivers the message and uses rhetorical appeals to raise awareness about textual harassment. It highlights the growing digital community among teens, and along with that, the unhealthy relationship behaviors fostered by technology.  Further my rhetorical analysis evaluates the ad council, explores current laws for phone harassment protection, analyzes the audience of the PSA, the message and delivery of the PSA, the appeals used by the author(s), including ethos, pathos and logos, and also addresses specific limitations to the PSA.

Olivia’s Rhetorical Analysis of PSA- Un-revised

Olivia’s Rhetorical Analysis- Revised

Olivia’s Rhetorical Analysis Reflection

• About

This is an area on your website where you can add text. This will serve as an informative location on your website, where you can talk about your site.

• Blogroll
  • Admin