the 210546246578654234 Blog.

April 24th, 2009

Today is out final blog.  Spend some time reflecting on the blogs throughout the semester.  Do you think they were a useful writing space? Would you like to use them in other classes in the future? Would you like to use them more personally? How have they helped you see writing differently?

Blogs were a helpful and new way of writing.  I personally would not use them personally because I don’t love the idea of my personal writings being on the Internet.  I had one in High school (Xanga), and it is fun to look back on them today and read them.  I also use blogs in my Spanish class.  For class reasons, they are a useful tool, however they get repetitive.  I do believe we blogged about what we think about literacy/technology 5+ times.  Maybe a blog a week, but a hw blog would be more effective.  It has helped me see writing differently because it is a form of wirting I have not used in the past.  It is also helpful to read other peoples blogs to get ideas/different perspectives. 

One thought on “the 210546246578654234 Blog.

1. jross
    9:38 am - 4-24-2009

I agree with the repetitvness of the blog prompts. I think it would have been nice for us to create our own blog prompts.None of my other classes use blogs for anything but it would be interesting to see how other classes would incoporate blogs into the lesson plan.