What is a Resume

April 3rd, 2009

understanding of a resume. Include: goal: How used: Past experiences:

A resume is a place to show the skills and interest you posses for a particular job.  A resume includes your past jobs: where, when, what you did, you schooling: your GPA or other awards or degrees obtained, and other interest, skills, or other variety of specializations you have, according to the particular position you are applying for.  It also include your overall objective for the job or what you hope to achieve along with your name, address and phone number.  Never include your race or gender.  Also when describing what you did at previous jobs always use (past) action verbs.

The goal of a resume is to provide and overall understand of your abilities, so an employer can evaluate your qualifications for a job.

I made my first resume in high school, and update it whenever I go to use it.  I use my resume when I apply for jobs to showcase my experiences.