WB 1: How I Read

Personally, I feel as if I am a weak writer. However I do try to comprehend what I read to the best of my ability. I can remember one of the first books I have ever read for fun on my own. I read the first Harry Potter book, and from then on I was hooked and read the rest of the series. When reading the first few, I had difficulty processing what was going on in my head because I would get distracted a lot with what was going on and think of something else. I would have to look away from the page and re-focus on what was going on in the book. After reading more books and more articles I have less difficulty with the more experience I have.

Now that I think of it, I think when I read, I tend to look at the design on a page and lose focus a right away because of the design it presents. I may not be used to the design and get distracted to what the point is, which is to read and find out what is being said in the article. From now on I think I should probably look at the page for a good amout of time before i actually start reading and look at the designs, look at the titles and headers, and also look at the other details on the page that I may get distracted by.

Taking a step back and looking at the type  of reader I am and how I read will help me in the future for becoming more efficient and reading with better methods. Reading always comes as a burden if I feel that it may not be necesary, however, if I can improve upon it, I can make myself more obligated and interested in it.