Introductions to Retorical Analysis.

March 18th, 2009

Both introductions state the topic and purpose of the analysis.  The introduction sets the tone for the analysis.  Can use detail, defines the audience, provides credentials.  When introducing their topic, both authors used specific evidence straight from the original piece. 

Overall, I think and introduction to a rhetorical analysis should include a topic, the purpose for writing the analysis (to inform, persuade, anger, amuse, motivate, etc.) and a thesis.  It should describe the situation, introduce and writer and some background on them or why the wrote on the subject.  It should identify a context and an audience.  You should also be able to identify an overarching tone or style (i.e. formal vs. informal).

One thought on “Introductions to Retorical Analysis.

1. amsiefk
    10:15 am - 3-18-2009

I agree with what you think makes a good introduction to an analysis. I also said many of the same things. I personally can’t stand reading something that doesn’t keep my attention or I don’t know what is going on.