T.e.c.h.n.o.l.o.g.y is taking over my life, and I love it.

February 18th, 2009

Technology is used in everyday life from driving to, school, work, and other activities.  Technology is used to entertain, study, keep in touch with people, communicate, organize, etc.  Technology will continue to play a big and important role in our society.  The benefits of technology is making our life easier, with more and quicker access to information.  We can communicate with people from all around the world in a matter of seconds.  Obviously there are major threats to the use of technology.  With the use of the Internet, people use it to prey on unsuspecting people to steal their identity or credit card numbers, or worse young children.  Technology does play an important part in literacy with the advent of the Internet and other devices.  For hearing or sight impaired people, there are technologies to accommodate them better with voiceactivated devices and such.  I use technology a lot through my day, from texting or taking on my cell phone, to using the computer to look up research homework, e-mail my teachers, blog, keep track of files at my job, chat with my sister online, etc.