Sorry for the recent lack of posts. I was in a car accident on May 1st and that also happened to be the day before final exams week. Painful whiplash and 2-hr exams do not go well together. However, I’ve been going to an injury rehab place and am slowly getting better. I’ve also been working on articles for the BG News (BGSU student newspaper) and my first freelance piece. I promise to have some original environmental stories up soon.

In the meantime, I will try to post links and videos to fill in the gaps. Like this one:
Planet Green: Tea Bags

Tea Bags

Photo courtesy of Kate Ter Haar via Flickr

This link will take you to the article on Planet Green that informs about 5 resuses for used tea bags.
1. Plant Food
2. Under Eye Dark Circles/Puffiness
3. Arts & Crafts
4. Controlling Odor
5. Soothe Your Skin

Here are some more ideas of what to do with leftover tea bags:

• Wedding/Party Favors

I saw a picture of handmade tea bags- tea and bags sold separately that individuals and construct for themselves- with messages tied around them. These favors were for a wedding and some messages just had the names of the couple and others said “The perfect blend.” I thought this was a super cute play on words and if the couple. For the avid tea drinking couple this would really show their chemistry and personality to guests.

• Make Natural Hair Dye

Via Reader’s Digest: “Steep 3 tea bags in 1 cup boiling water. Add 1 tablespoon each of rosemary and sage (either fresh or dried) and let it stand overnight before straining. To use, shampoo as usual, and then pour or spray the mixture on your hair, making sure to saturate it thoroughly. Take care not to stain clothes. Blot with a towel and do not rinse. It may take several treatments to achieve desired results.”

And for the tea drinking rascals…

• Throw Them at Your Friends

Wear white and dampen the tea bags. This game will hurt a lot less than paintball!

• School Prank

Are you a high school senior in need of a good prank to make your graduating class a legend? Well if your school has a pool and you and round up enough classmates to buy tea bags…I think you see where I’m going with this.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 thoughts on “Uses for Tea Bags

1. candida
    11:40 pm - 6-20-2011

Excellent Blog! I never heard of those uses for tea bags. Pretty amazing suggestions. I think you just found another loyal reader

• Court
      12:26 pm - 7-1-2011

Thank you! I really appreciate it!