“Fan Film of the Week” kicks off March 8

Starting Tuesday, March 8, I will be starting a section of the site devoted entirely to fan-films. I will be combing the entire YouTube landscape to find the best of the best when it comes to horror fan-films.

For those of you wondering what exactly a fan film is, let me explain. A fan-film is a movie that is made by, well, fans. There are countless fan-films out there that add a new spin to such classics as:BatmanHalloweenFriday the 13thThe Punisher and many others.

Though, when I say best of the best, I do not necessarily always mean professional quality, full-length films (but if I can find some, I will). I am looking for the best when it comes to story, writing, direction and creativity both in front of and behind the camera. And that is exactly what you’ll find here with the series.

This is not meant to be a competition or to see who is better than who else. I am merely just doing this to give those fans/filmmakers a chance to have their creativity showcased for more people to see.

With “Fan Film of the Week,” you will see a wide variety of films, ranging from low-budget, completely improvised shorts to full-length feature fan-films. I have already done some research for the series and I can already say that it is going to be a very fun and exciting experience.

This is an awesome way to showcase the talent of people that can often get overlooked and passed off as just some cheesy YouTube videos. These films were made by people who genuinely care about the genre and have put their effort and creativity into doing this because they have nothing to lose.

I firmly believe it is the fans that know what horror movies should be and after watching some of these films, that belief has stayed true.

The fan-films I have seen have shown me that there are people out there that, even if they are just doing it for fun, put serious effort into doing what they can to make their work good. That is very respectable and I want to get their names out there because they deserve it.

So, on March 8th, be prepared for some of the most raw, real, BEST horror fan-films that are out there!

This entry was posted in Fan Film of the Week and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to “Fan Film of the Week” kicks off March 8

1. After reading, I learned a lot. This is a good article.