Schedule A Free Appointment Or Walk-In
This testing service, offered at the Student Recreation Center on the BGSU campus, is completely free and confidential. Call the Wellness Connection at 419.372.9355 to schedule an appointment for a Rapid HIV Test. Walk-ins are always welcome. LGBT friendly and affirming.
A real name is not needed when making the appointment. Free and confidential testing services are also available at other Free External Testing Sites throughout Northwest Ohio.
Testing Schedule Spring 2017 | 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM
- February 15 | March 1, 15 | April 5, 19
*Remember to bring a photo ID to the appointment
What To Expect
Upon arriving at the Student Recreation Center:
- Check in at the Welcome Desk and tell the person at the Welcome Desk that you have an appointment with the Wellness Connection. Someone can assist you from there.
Once in the testing room expect to:
- Show a valid photo ID
- Fill out paperwork
- Sign a few forms – Remember that the testing is CONFIDENTIAL, not anonymous, so a real name is associated with your paperwork and test results
- Receive the test: A simple gum swab, no blood necessary.
- Talk about what brought you in for a test today (i.e., what could be putting you at risk for HIV)
- Talk about a “plan of action” to help reduce the risk for HIV in the future
- At the end of the session, receive a result
- Receive referrals to other agencies/providers, if necessary
- Ask any questions or concerns about HIV
- Fill out the evaluation form