Safe Communities of Wood County February 2019 Press Release

Safe Communities announced today that there have been zero fatal crashes in Wood County this year compared to zero at this time last year.  Let’s keep this trend going!

Rear-end and fixed object crashes are the major causes of crashes in Wood County.  Common factors that contribute to these type of collisions include:

• Aggressive or reckless driving.
  • Texting and driving.
  • Speeding.
  • Driver fatigue.
  • Tailgating.
  • Negligence while driving through intersections, parking lots, and highway ramps.
  • Failure to follow the rules of the road.

You can prevent these crashes by remembering these simple rules:

• Look further up the road to spot traffic stopping long before the vehicle in front of you slams on its brakes.
  • Stay focused on your driving
  • Leave 2-3 vehicle lengths between you and the car in front of you
  • Do not drive in excess of the speed limit
  • Do not drive drowsy or impaired
  • If there is poor visibility, be cautious and drive within your abilities.

Let’s strive for zero fatal crashes in 2019.

For More Information:

• Lt. Angel Burgos, Ohio State Highway Patrol: 419-352-2481
  • Sandy Wiechman, Safe Communities Coordinator:  419-372-9353 or swiechm@bgsu.edu

27 thoughts on “Safe Communities of Wood County February 2019 Press Release

1. On a good day I’m glad to find your web page. in actuality
    I found you. I was working on something else about Yahoo, but anyway, I’m here and I’m amazing.
    I would like to thank you for the posts and all round entertainment. Blog (I like the theme / design, too), I like
    I don’t have time to read it right now, but I’m going to save it,
    I added it.

2. Nice to meet you.
    I looked at some of these kinds of high-quality articles and blog posts. While exploring Yahoo, I finally found this website. Studying this information makes me happy to express that I felt very good about finding what I needed. I’m sure I’ll keep looking at this site at a glance.

3. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would certainly benefit from some of the information you present here. Please let me know if this ok with you. Thanks
    This is very attention-grabbing, You’re an excessively skilled blogger. I’ve joined your rss feed and look ahead to seeking more of your excellent post.
    The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting

4. Puedo Tomar Cialis Ayunas Discount Tadalafil Tablets [url=http://antabusefast.com]antabuse for sale[/url] Sans Ordonnance Amoxicillin Pharmacie En Ligne En Suisse Generique Costo Viagra In Svizzera