header image

Update

T-minus 10 days until I leave for SIGGRAPH 2011 in Vancouvver, BC. In the mean time, I’ve been finishing up the SL video projects I was assigned and pretty much just maintaining the island and stuff like that. There isn’t a whole lot to do in Second Life right now, unfortunately. I haven’t heard yet if we’ll be updating the SIGGRAPH gallery on the island for this year, but if we are going to, let’s home I find out soon.

My presentation for the Online Communities class went very well. I used my 2007 MacBook Pro, which, despite cleaning out the hardrive and defragmenting the hardrive, just about exploded when I fired up the Second Life viewer. Although I had to run SL at medium graphics, and had to deal with a bit of lag, the technical issues worked themselves out eventually. After showing the class the basics of navigating the world of Second Life, I gave a brief tour of the BGSU island. We went to some nearby islands as well, and explored what other universities and companies are doing in-world. I opened up the floor to questions and suggestions for places to go, and we ended up walking around the most popular freebie store, a replica of the Moulin Rouge, and a zoo. Overall, I feel like the presentation went really well, and I’m hoping I’ll be able to come back again in the future.

~ by on July 27, 2011 .

22 thoughts on “Update

1.   subway surfers Says:

Thank you for your sharing. Thanks to this article I can learn more things. Expand your knowledge and abilities. Actually the article is very practical. Thank you!

2.   roblox free robux Says:

I enjoy a lot when i play this game ,it is the game that is meant for the enjoyment

3.   geometry dash Says:

Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today I find it finally. this post gives me lots of advise it is very useful for me.

4.   dissertation assistance Says:

The Sympathist is an investigation of view as envisioned by our brains. We spend most of our time in the internet trading data and learning; we are progressively acquainted with instruments associating us to the internet than to the genuine condition.

5.   Pittsburgh ALS Says:

hey paul any updates recently? 2011 is a long time ago so just wondering what the latest is

6.   918kiss steven Says:

918kiss Download 918Kiss Android APK and 918KISS iOS mobile App 918kiss casino / SCR888 are under same games.

7.   Merry Christmas 2019 WISHES Says:

The comma in the expression ought to be AFTER the ‘happy’ not BEFORE it! However, it’s regularly put after the cheerful which changes the importance to make ‘happy Gentleman’ thus a ‘Joyful Christmas’!

8.   Vidmate Says:

Very nice article. I enjoyed reading your post. very nice share.

9.   vex 3 Says:

The updates you have shared are very good and helpful. reliable information. Please continue to uphold.

10.   Helium 10 coupons & discount code Says:

NIce share. Very interesting topic, But still, I need some more info related to this topic.

11.   Organifi green juice Says:

This teeny-tiny, grain-like seed packs some serious nutritional prowess. With a mild, nutty flavor and a texture similar to rice or couscous, quinoa is one of the only grains or seeds that provides all nine essential amino acids our bodies can’t produce themselves . And it’s filled with protein— eight grams per one-cup serving, to be exact!

12.   Ultra omega burn Says:

Don’t worry; these berries won’t cause an oompa-loompa-like reaction. In fact, they’re nutritional superstars, filled with fiber, vitamin C, and cancer-fighting compounds. And studies suggest blueberries may even improve memory !

13.   Bioleptin Says:

This rough and tough green beats out all the rest in terms of nutrition, providing more antioxidants than most other fruits and veggies! It’s also a fantastic source of fiber, calcium, and iron. Prepare it virtually any way, from boiled or steamed to roasted (try it as a chip!) or stewed.

14.   Panalean Says:

Ch-ch-ch-chia! Yep, this little seed is the same as those adorable little ceramic animal planters of the 90s! But don’t worry, the nutritious part is not the clay pot. Chia seeds are actually loaded with the most essential fatty acids of any known plant! Plus, one serving of the stuff is loaded with magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium.

15.   Hydralyft Says:

High in fiber, antioxidants, and tons of other nutrients, this breakfast staple has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels, aid in digestion, and even improve metabolism . And it’s downright delicious— especially when flavored like pumpkin pie!

16.   Grs Ultra Says:

This ages-old health secret has been used as a natural remedy for everything from cancer to heart disease ! The secret to this delicious drink? Antioxidants! The main superhero here is Epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, a phytochemical that slows irregular cell growth, which could potentially help prevent the growth of some cancers .

17.   Ngọc Says:

I dont’t know how this work

18.   mobile legends hack Says:

This is the right website for everyone who wishes
    to find out about this topic. You realize a whole lot its almost tough to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which has been discussed for decades.

Great stuff, just excellent!

19.   Cheap camera drones fo $303 Says:

Best drones for beginners
    Hubsan H111.
    Syma X5C.
    Air Hogs toy drones.
    DJI Mavic 2 drones.
    DJI Mavic Air.
    DJI Mavic Pro.
    UVify OOri.

20.   Garageband for Windows Says:

GarageBand is a digital audio workstation (DAW) and music sequencer that can record and play back multiple tracks of audio. Built-in audio filters that use the AU (audio unit) standard allow the user to enhance the audio track with various effects, including reverb, echo, and distortion amongst others.

21.   House Cleaning Services Says:

I opened up the floor to questions and suggestions for places to go, and we ended up walking around the most popular freebie store, a replica of the Moulin Rouge, and a zoo.residential cleaning

22.   kurper Says:

Copywriting & other writing skills are now being subjected to as a high-income, and this raised many hidden potentials to picture writing as a professional career. But being a writer is not just putting some relevant phrases into a para but about not leaving room for grammar errors.