How To Figure This Stuff Out

Thursday, February 4th, 2010 | Uncategorized

When people get together to start working on a project it is always hard to agree on one idea or theme and Berkun discusses this in detail within this chapter. Like he says, all planning and organizing books are different because there is no true or right way to go about planning a project. He goes on to list 3 different types of projects that are Solo-Superman, Small Contract Team, and Big Staff Team. I agree that most teams and projects can be split into one of those 3 areas. When Berkun goes on to talk about the planning deliverables it reminds me of writing the modules in class because for module 1 we had to have a set of deliverables that we will be turning over to our clients at the end of the semester. I see how this topic can carry over from class to the work world.

I feel that our Synthesis project is the Solo-Superman project type because we are all working on them individually. As far as the business perspective is concerned I feel we also have used that in creating module 1. We had to ask all of those questions of ourselves and answer them within the module. It’s neat to see how people out in the business world follow the same model that we are for our modules. In Chapter 3 the author also talks about the customer perspective and the questions that must be answered. I agree with all of the questions and I feel that sometimes when people work on projects they lose sight of the customer who is the most important person because the project is being created for them. It’s easy to lose sight! Overall I feel that this chapter has helped shape my outlook on this course and on the modules we will be writing. Again, the author has a great style of writing and I think this book is enjoyable to read, it’s not stuffy like a lot of textbooks can be.

One thought on “How To Figure This Stuff Out

1. Mike Rowe
    11:58 pm - 2-5-2010

Overreact much?