Moving Along!

Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 | Uncategorized

So far this week has been super hectic as far as trying to complete my homework and juggle my new job. I started on Monday and my first day went very well. Everyone at Libbey is very polite and I feel like I am going to fit in nicely. There is a lot for me to learn about the job, mostly printing stuff but I think I can handle it. I get to handle preparing customer’s artwork to be screened onto glassware. Sometimes I have to redraw their logos and other times I just have to place it in a form to get it ready to print. It’s nothing glamorous but it is a job!

As far as my client update is concerned, I am moving right along! I am sketching and mocking up a logo for the Be Green line of packaging that I will be working on shortly. Besides that I am working on Module 2 and my discussion board posts. I will try and have my logos up here on my blog so everyone can comment and tell me what they think. I did find out that once I create my line of packaging, Libbey is going to print it for me for free! That’s exciting.

My ideas for my logos are pretty clean and simple. I want to try and stick to the Libbey corporate identity as much as I can while still putting my design flare on the logo. I am going to use the words “Be Green” within the logo. Like I said, I will try and have something up and posted by this Thursday!

One thought on “Moving Along!

1. lfugett
    8:56 pm - 2-6-2010

Looking forward to seeing the concepts. I am glad that you see the connection between the book and the modules. Keep up the good work. That is pretty exciting that they are going to print your design. Pretty cool for your portfolio!