1 Mar 2011

First signs of an unhealthy relationship

Author: Kate M. | Filed under: Uncategorized

Not all women and men have experienced an unhealthy relationship, but if so, most times they don’t realize early signs of an unhealthy relationship that they encounter. The way a couple communicates with each other is usually the first sign that approaches toward an unhealthy relationship. When there’s a disagreement about a certain issue, there are ways around to handle the situation in an appropriate manner. Let’s just start off by saying raising voices at one another is not a way in which to deal with dissimilarities. If you haven’t already, check out the video, “Dealing with Arguments” on this page for more details.

Believe it or not, if one finds themselves only hanging around their significant other, then they are engaging into one of the early signs of an unhealthy relationship. Males and females should be able to hang out with their guy or girl friends whenever they want. If not, then this shows further evidence that he/she is restricting them from hanging out with certain people. This then leads to a no support system besides him/her and ultimately leads to depression. Certainly these issues can all lead to a mental, verbal, physical, and an emotional state of abuse. One girl was able to open up and share her thoughts.

“I realized my relationship was unhealthy when I realized that I didn’t know who I was anymore and that it wasn’t right to be crying almost every day. 1 year of that, but it’s finally over.”

There are ways to gain a healthy relationship. This can be accomplished by obtaining a balanced relationship, establishing effective communication, having a complete understanding of each other, and showing how you can be independent.

Check out the link to read more on this topic :healthy_relationship.html

Tags:

87 thoughts on “First signs of an unhealthy relationship

1. love Says:

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be actually
    something which I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the
    hang of it!