Update On Client Project

Well for those of you who were not aware of what I am doing for my project I am doing a couple things.  The first thing I am doing is remaking the company mission statement so that they can print it out frame it and hang it in their conference room.  This is what I am focusing on now.  I have designed the poster already and have submitted it to the client several times for approval.  It is hard working with indecisive clients sometimes because they don’t know what they want and that is the issue I am having now.  My client keeps coming to me with changes and I have to oblige since it is for them.  I think I am getting close to completing my task there though after many revisions and proofs.  The next item on my to do list was actually just added to my plate today.  My client informed me that he is going to a show in March and wants to have a tri-fold brochure there to hand out to people who come to see the display he is setting up.  I have already begun looking and thinking about possible ideas for this task.  After this is done I am going to work on my biggest project which is taking and creating a standard for the company logo.  Right now there are way too many logos and variations of the logo and the idea is to narrow down the list and set guidelines so that it doesn’t get too out of control.  I am going to put together a book that is a couple pages or so long that we can print, bind and hand out to all the employees and whoever else needs one so that everyone is on the same page.  In the end I will also start working…although I may not finish this part of my task in the course of the semester…on actually fixing up the logos and replacing the bad ones that don’t meet the standards with a logo that does meet the requirements.  This will include posters, banners, signs, print cards for proofs, t-shirts, and whatever else may have the logo incorporated into it.  This is my update for now as to where I am at with my project and how it is coming along.  Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions or questions because I am always open and willing to hear what everyone has to say.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Update On Client Project

1. Kim Klassen Jackson says:

Good luck with the branding guidelines book! I currently work for GE which has an entire group dedicated to monitoring, maintaining and training people on the brand. While it’s mostly large companies who get this crazy about their brand, it is such an important part of who a company is and how they are perceived by others. Remember to keep the logo treatment options to the fewest varieties as possible – this is easier to maintain and less likely to be used in non-appropriate ways. But definitely think about how the logos are being used to make sure you’ve created options applicable to most applications they will be used in. If I can supply any samples from the GE Brand guidelines site, I will forward them to you next week.