Speech #2 – Chapter 15: Persuasion

My group did a presentation over chapter 15 which detailed persuasion in speech.  Focusing on myself first, I thought I did a decent job explaining my part of the chapter.  I tried to give multiple examples to explain the material.  The slides I created contained only key words and definitions so it did not look like I was just reading off the PowerPoint.  Eye contact was another thing I believe I improved on from our first group presentation.  I tried to maintain consistent eye contact throughout the entire audience to keep their attention.

As a team, I believe we did a decent job presenting the chapter.  I thought our chapter was rather boring and it was hard to make persuasion content interesting.  We split the material up into four sections in order to make the workload easier.  We met many times throughout the semester since we have known for a while what chapter we were going to present.  We tried to help each other if someone had a question or needed help with their material.  If we had another group presentation, I would suggest we practice the presentation more in order to get the timing down since our conclusion was cut short.

For the final speech, I want to continue to give good eye contact to the entire audience and avoid word fillers.  This group speech covered chapter content which sometimes can be hard to make interesting.  The last speech will allow everyone to be creative and has the potential to be much more fun.  Overall, I thought this group presentation was good, but not as good as the first speech because of the content.  The video clip of the infommerical would have been better if we had a few more minutes to tie it all together with the chapter material.  Still, I believe we did an efficient job detailing persuasion.