Speech #3 Reflection

For our group speech, we created mock wedding toast.  My part of the toast was being father of the bride.  I tried to get into character when thinking about what to say during the speech.  Since I bar tend many weddings over the summer, I had a good idea on the things most fathers of brides say in their toast.  I thought one of my strengths of my speech was using actual stories I have heard and implementing them into my toast.  This made my speech seem more real than fiction.  I dressed up for the part which made it seem as if it were a real situation.  I also thought that my tone was good because I wanted to make sure everyone heard what I was saying.  There was a couple times during the speech when I looked at my notecards just because I had them in my hands.  This took away from keeping eye contact with the audience which I will continue to work on for the next speech.

I thought as a team, we presented the toast very well.  The introduction was well put together and we had clear transitions from person-to-person.  We all tried to help each other by coming up with ideas for each parts in the toast.  During the speech I thought everyone did exactly what we had planned and spoke very clearly with emotion making it seem real.  I was happy with the way everyone put the same effort into the speech.  Maybe one thing we can improve next time is eye contact because I think we tended to look at the picture on the screen a little too much as if it were the bride and groom. 

Overall, I thought the group presentation went very well.  I think we work well together as a group and everyone seems to do their part making it easier on the other group members.  We had a few group meetings to make sure we knew exactly how everything was going to work.  Since this was our first speech as a group, I think we will continue to contribute in equal parts for the next speech.  I am not worried at all for the next speech which is over chapter 15 because we all worked well together.