The incumbent…

In class today we discussed an incumbent and compared the pros of that it plays in a new election. I have loosely defined incumbent as the existing holder of a political office. As we learned in class today the pros of an incumbent when election time comes for campaign ads is name recognition, money,k and they look the part. In the following ad (which I’m not sure if it is an official ad approved by Obama) gives us a perfect example of how this plays out. We all remember the difficulties President Obama faced when running for President, obviously the first non-white President of the United States of America. As the ad shows, he was instrumental in bringing Americans together no matter what race, gender, age, or economic status to stand up and vote for change. His whole campaign was centered around this idea of “change” and the people casting their vote for him in an effort to change not only the economy, but even the face of Presidency. In the ad we see President Obama as President and interacting with the American people. There is also a reflection on some of the most memorable moments of his presidency such as the oil spill. This obviously will pull viewers emotions and remind them of tragic time and how he handled himself as president. I would assume that he will do the same for future campaign ad’s and probably reinforce how he made promises and how he has fulfilled a large amount of them. Click here to view the ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIA5aszzA18

About sswanso

Hello Class, Simone Swanson, communication major at Bowling Green State University from Cleveland, Oh has committed and dedicated herself to giving back to her community in a number of ways. While serving on the executive board for Precious Stones, she and her group brought the first ever plus size fashion show to Bowling Green State University. The goal of the fashion show was to dispel the myth that beauty was one size or shape. While serving as a member on the executive board Simone also contributed to a conference on professionalism. As chair of the conference she was instrumental in bringing Omarosa Manigault star of the Apprentice, as the keynote speaker for the event. In addition to her endless efforts to unit woman on Bowling Green’s campus, Simone has also been involved in several other community service programs. Including alternative spring break and the South Bronx mission trip. With plans to graduate in the fall, Simone will continue her love for serving her community in the future.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to The incumbent…

1. deantep says:

this is a good aid. many do not like obama for the economy and the war and think that he has not been the president that he said he would be however like you said, it is clear that he has kept most or some of his promises. i dont think all politicians keep to all the trials and things they say they will change but i think the since the president is the first of his kind, people hold him to a different standrad. this is good and bad i feel. good because it shows that he can do the job under any thing and bad with saying that you will hold him to a different standard then the rest of the presidents. Hold him to the same standard of the older presidents

2. alinar says:

I think this is actually pretty humorous. If you actually look at the ad, it is an attack ad on the Obama presidency, sponsored by the Republican Senatorial Committee. It says President Obama has helped America by “reducing dependence on American energy” and had fixed the deficit by increasing spending. Judging by the post and by the comment below, it seems that this ad may have backfired on the Republican Committee, because people are not really committed to looking deeper into these kinds of ads. I feel ads are more about the feeling they portray, and watching this without thinking about it, i feel most people would come away from this ad feeling reassured about Obama’s presidency, without stopping to think about what the ad actually said. Really, this is a strange ad, and don’t even get me started about Obama riding the rainbow unicorn across the sky at the end of that clip. What a silly commercial!

3. Helen Smith says:

I myself am a fan of Obama and I am sure that whatever his decisions are, they are the most proper for the moment and he really does care for the people! Cleaning

4. I don’t think all people in politics keep to all the assessments and aspects they say they will change but i think the since the us president is the first of his kind, people keep him to a different standrad. this is fantastic and bad i encounter. fantastic because it shows that he can do the job under any aspect and bad with saying that you will keep him to a different traditional then the rest of the presidents. Keep him to the same traditional of the older presidents

5. I feel ads are more about the feeling they portray, and watching this without thinking about it, i feel most people would come away from this ad feeling reassured about Obama’s presidency, without stopping to think about what the ad actually said.