Cain with Perry

I think Cain had a gaffe because he took a long time to answer the question about the Lybia. This is not that serious but he should not have taken this look to report what he thinks. I think the media is trying to say this is a rick perry forgot moment when it really isn’t. when I found the tape, the news said he had a perry moment. Although he paused and didn’t answer he answered after he figured out what he had to. Many would say this is crazy that he didn’t answer but its normal. I think the media is trying to play, frame or prime, that he is like perry and pubbing the situation to be more than it should. It was not a debate, it was a talk and he came up with an answer. It wasn’t perry forgetting what he forgot in an television debate, which he covered up. So, the media is trying to say it is a perry forgetting moment, trying to say that politicians don’t know anything, when it was a short thought cycle. He said that he needed to figure out what he had to report.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/45295631#45295091

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Cain with Perry

1. Dina says:

I don’t think the media was either priming or framing in this instance. I think they were acting as reporters of objective fact. Media outlets simply showed the fact that Cain was asked a fairly simple question about something that anyone wishing to be President should not have such difficulty answering. Yes, he came up with an answer but it took him forever and it was still awful. The question he was asked was basically if he agreed with President Obama’s actions concerning Libya. I think he just didn’t want to give Obama any credit for ridding the world of a maniac with an army and thats what got him in trouble. He seemed to be searching for a way to disagree with something the president did in Libya, but his being so ill informed prevented that. He could have said something as simple as “Since i’m not president i don’t know all the facts involved, but I’m glad Kaddafi was taken out,” which still avoided giving Obama any credit, which seems to be what he wanted to do.

2. deantep says:

You are right that the running for president cain need to response fast but i didnt think it was a problem. everyone is given a mistake and cain took it. the case is not a mistake or a target saying he had his gaffe or hickup. Many people believe that cain didnt do it, and the problem is over.i think they blew this out of the common opinion becase it was good for the public. although he may have been against obama, i think the news have no reason to cover this so much. giving obama not credit was norm for a rep, but this was not the focus of the news but that he didnt have a response. i think he was stalling because he had no answer or didnt know what to say.

3. I think Cain is the right candidate. But the battle will be quite a challenge for both of them.