Media as a Watchdog

In this story, ABC talks about the Anthony Weiner scandal. Anthony Weiner was a Democratic congressman, who was married. A young female posted a comment on his facebook page and stated how she found him “hot” because of a political stance he took. Weiner began to engage in conversation with this 26 year old, who was a single mother. Weiner then began taking his online relationship further with this young female by exchanging x-rated photos of himself with the woman. Weiner then posted a picture on his twitter account and told everyone that his twitter account was hacked. After the media got involved Weiner later admits that the picture was of him and was sent as a joke. After the media got involved the truth came out that Weiner has been engaging in this type of activity for years now and with several woman. Weiner goes on and admits his guilt to the media. He apologizes to everyone who he has hurt. This article posted by ABC is an example of ABC acting as a watchdog. This is an example of ABC being a watchdog because they are alerting the public of Weiner’s wrongdoings. ABC wasn’t out looking for a scandal but they were checking the accuracy of this politicians statements about his twitter posts. Once the truth came out, they alerted the public.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Media as a Watchdog

1. Dina says:

I think this story can also be put under the Media junkyard dog concept. Anthony Wiener broke no laws. But it was a juicy sex scandal and political sex scandals always get a lot of attention. It was a story that just kept going. It was almost all the political news we were hearing for what seemed like weeks. Considering Weiner broke no laws I certainly don’t think it deserved to be the number one political story for as long as it was. Also taking into consideration the fact that this country has been dealing with some really serious economic and unemployment issues for the last couple of years..

2. Hеllο, јust wanted to say, Ι
    enjoyed this blog pоst. It was funny. Keep on posting!

3. Aimee says:

My brothеr геcоmmended I might lіkе this web sіte.
    He ωas еntirеly right. This post truly mаde
    mу dау. You can not imagine simρly hoω muсh time
    I had spent for thіs іnfoгmation! Thanks!

4. Charla says:

It’s genuinely very difficult in this busy life to listen news on Television, so I simply use the web for that reason, and take the most up-to-date news.

5. Hey! І knοw this is ѕomeωhat
    оff-topіc hоωеνeг
    I nеeԁеd to аѕκ.

Does managing a well-еstablished blog suсh as yours taκe a
    large amоunt of wοгk? Ι am completеlу nеw to runnіng a blog but I
    ԁo wгіte in my jоurnal οn a daily basiѕ.
    I’d like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!