Allison's ARTC2010 Blog

Concept Proposal
Posted on February 12th, 2010 at 1:18 pm by and

The concept for my identity film is to portray myself through movement and location. It will be about the things that make up me, instead of just portraying myself. There will be shots of my hands, feet, neck, arm, etc. but none of my face. Identity in this piece is about everything of me, but not my face.

The different types of footage I will be using in this film are medium close ups of my hand, foot, hair, leg, back of my hair, and other various body parts. These close ups will be showing things I do in my life. Also there will be at least two panorama shots that scan around to me in the distance. But I will be the only person in this video. The locations where all of these shots will be filmed are my dorm room, the Arts Village, the grassy area before the football stadium, and another outdoor area.

My intention for this piece is for the audience to see me, through my body. I want them to get the sense that identity is not just a face or a number, identity is about what makes up a person, that is why I will only be showing body parts and a me in the distance. This whole film is intended take give the audience the sense of myself without ever having to see me.

The audio that will be included in this film will be classical style music and sound effects, like crumpling paper or scratching at paint, but it will not be an overwhelming amount of noise. This will make the audience focus more on the shots in the film, than the noise and music in the background. The sequencing of shots will start out with a panorama leading to me, and then it will go to a medium close up of my hair. After the hair shot there will be close ups of my hands doing things and my feet, and to wrap of the film there will be another panorama to me standing in a different location. Timing will have to depend on the footage and things happening in the shots, so it is hard to determine right now what will be happening with the timing.