Thesis idea #1

for my first thesis I am thinking of doing a cyberpunk fantasy-es world when people make machines and fear magic. the main character of this adventure is a inventor who is on a quest to find a magic potion that will cure his sister of some disease with no known cure. (lets call it cancer) while flying on his way to a magical phenomenon he is surprised by a huge magical storm that completely destroys his ship and the crew he is with. he survives with an invention he makes and finds himself stranded in the middle of the desert. lost with nowhere to go he struggles to the magical phenomenon witch turns out to be the fountain of youth. this is found as an oasis in the middle of the desert. once he grabs the liquid he tries to make contact with his sister which he finds that she has already died.

The main emphasis of the animation is to focus on the movement of the character and the special effects within the animation by the use of particle effects and lighting of Maya and after effects. obviously the main idea of the animation is not the storyline but I hope that I can get the animation to a point where it feels real enough and can get the watchers to feel sad.