Animations-Love the Style

This short animation is another one of my all time favs! I love how it switched from 3D to 2D in the beginning so smoothly. I love the character design how it’s not super realistic. I also love the sound design. I like that they use the different tones of the squeaky toy as the Octopus’s reactions. The setting is fabulous and the story is amazing! Everything that happens happens for a reason and and each scene and camera angel is very well thought out. I also love the ending! How it has been left open to the viewers imagination. There’s a reason this short animation won in oscar!!

I just found this random animation on youtube and I’m in love with it! The style is so different than anything I’ve seen with current animations. I’m taking the history of animation course this semester and we learned about the old silhouette animations. This resembles them and I like that they borrowed the old ways and turned around and made them more current through the use of computer animation! This animation has inspired me to do one of my own silhouette animations with layers like this one!

This is another silhouette animation that I really enjoyed. This is the story of the Three Deathly Hallows from the 7th Harry Potter film. It was a pleasant surprise to see this very stylized animation in the theater when I went to see the movie. I like that it is not fully a silhouette, but that they use transparent layers throughout the entire short animation. I also like the dramatic lighting. I would love to do an animation like this one someday!

This entry was posted in Research. Bookmark the permalink.