Obama’s job program for Vets

President Obama wants to add 75,000 jobs to the solar energy sector by 2020. the put out by the International Business Times notes that 174,000 people work in solar which is higher than the coal industry, solar energy is booming right now. (I know Toledo Ohio is one of the largest producers of solar panels) The creation of jobs in this field may just be the best thing Obama has done in a long time. I think that he used Agenda Setting himself in developing this plan, he combats climate change, C02 emissions, veteran employment, renewable energy and a potential economic boost. everything the article covers has been a concern with many americans in the past few years and although the amount of energy actually created is small, it could potentially help us recover not by helping the grid but by the jobs it creates, specifically middle-class veterans, which have a hard time getting back into the work force. The time table isnt that high either which I think is important 75,000 jobs in 5 years is much better than 100,000 in ten for example. it seems in the past proposals have had long lengthy time tables with big flashy numbers, and this proposal avoids that, if this one of the last bills put out by the president I think he might leave on a high note.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.