Zach Braun Blog Post 1

Missouri Governor Nixon has created a recent stir. BookRiot.com posted a article about Governor Nixon’s cuts on Libraries substantially. the article mentions how last year he approved a budget of 3.5 million( plus 3.1 for digital services) but only sent out 724 thousand total. he has now decided that the new budget can be 724,000 dollars for all the libraries in the state! take for example Kansas City Public Library loses 100,000 alone from there budget with these cuts. this article has Priming throughout and is great in representing the lose public libraries have been facing throughout the United States. Politicians argue that they can cut spending there since the internet and its users can find just about everything that they need but that only works for people who have access to those advantages. I didn’t have internet at my house until I was a junior in high school, I relied on the library many times for research and entertainment growing up. Cutting Libraries directly hurts our future as a nation and our nation’s education. The biggest shock within the article was the fact that when students questioned the governor at his office he had them removed and thrown out by the State trooper guarding the office. He refused to meet up and take questions from them as well. This article has brought to light a dark side to the Missouri governor.

Link to article on Missouri book scandal: http://bookriot.com/2015/03/27/missouri-governor-nixon-putting-libraries-peril/

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.