Cain’s Sex Scandal

In this article the author Julian Zulizer talks about the supposed Herman Cain sex scandal. In this news story she goes on about how sex scandals have been playing a huge role in elections and politics since the 20th century. She talks about how it is the medias job to keep the public informed about our politicians eerie past’s and what they are like. She talks about previous politicians who’s reputations have been tarnished because of sex scandals. Some of these people include John Kennedy, Bill Clinton and Gary Hart. She then goes on to talk about how Herman Cain has bee surviving the scandal. She talks about how citizens don’t have high standards for politicians like there once was. She says that its also helped Cain out that the story got released a good amount prior to voting. She then concludes by saying that Herman Cain is a high-risk candidate for the Republican Party because of this sex scandal.

In our reading we learned about the media working as a junkyard dog. When the media works as a junkyard dog it means that they our out looking for a scandal and on candidates for that next big story. I feel that the media as been acting as a junkyard dog towards Cain because he was never accused of any wrong doing but yet you hear about his sex scandal all the time.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Cain’s Sex Scandal

1. Nansy London says:

I think that scandals of this type are very confusing, because normally there are no evidences or witnesses, so it is hard to say what is true…

2. website says:

Ι’ve bееn еxplorіng foг а bіt fοr any
    high quality articles οr weblog posts on this κind of arеa .
    Ехploring in Yahοо I fіnallу
    ѕtumblеd upon thіs sitе.
    Studying thiѕ іnfo Sο і’m glad to сonvеy that I havе а very good unсаnny fеeling Ӏ found оut
    јuѕt what І neeԁed.
    Ι mοѕt nо doubt will make
    surе to dο not fοrget this site and provides іt а glance оn a
    relentless basis.

my blog post – website