Posts tagged audio
Before you hire a director and camera crew to film your lecture masterpieces, search the web for FREE content that is relevant to your course. Here are a few of our favorite websites and a great video about using online content.
- Presentations, Lectures, and Tutorials: Academic Earth, SlideShare, authorSTREAM, iTunesU, Open Courseware Consortium, TED Talks, Khan Academy
- Videos: You know that video you like to show in class? Search for the title on Clicker.com. If it’s on the web, they’ll find it. You can also go directly to the sources:
- Free: YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, PBS Video, Google Video, virtually any news source like CNN or NY Times.
- Extensive list from OpenCulture.com, scroll past individual titles to see more great websites.
- Subscription based: Netflix, Amazon VOD, iTunes (you can’t embed these, even if you pay for them, and each student would need to get a subscription to view as well. Think of it as a book fee)
Do you have a favorite resource we haven’t mentioned? Tell us about it in your comment!