Project I: Part II and III(?)

PART I: Submit a well-written summary of where you are artistically. Questions you can considering answering:

What area(s) of digital arts do you consider your primary medium?

The types of digital art that I consider to be my primary medium is Concept Art and illustration in Adobe Photoshop. I have been working in Photoshop for 12 years.

What do you make?

I like to create many different character designs and illustrations on fictional environments.

Do you have a style?

I am unsure what type of style I have for my work. I’ve been wanting to draw realism concept art. And I have had a struggle doing this with my own creations due to art block, work and stress.

Do you tend to work on specific themes or types of ideas?

I tend to come up with ideas on my work. I always point out on my work to have a bad ending, a ‘stand out’ conflict, or a be continued scenario. I love to see work that goes down another path than the same scenario of works that I’ve seen growing up.

What is distinctive about your work?

I believe what is distinctive about my work is the colors that I use. The colors are never too bright or highly saturated. I try to keep one recognizable that sticks out for it, mostly for the characters that I design.

PART II: Find an artist / artwork that in some way is connected to yours, whether it is style, type, content, or inspiration. Refer to this work in your summary (one paragraph minimum) and if you wish, include pictures or links.

Image result for takeru san(early work)

The artist that I have had been an inspiration for me for 11 or 10 years is Daryl Toh Liem Zhan. ‘Born on the same date when Abe Lincoln was assassinated. When he’s not hunting for the paranormal in his pajamas, Daryl is a freelance-for-hire comic artist and illustrator who currently resides in Malaysia.’ If it weren’t for Daryl, I wouldn’t have had drawn humans and expand with my ideas. He made comics and mini story images in so many types of genres such as horror, supernatural, realism. I admired his color choices and the inking style he had used. His style has changed throughout the years and he is working as the commissioned artist for other ideas for a while.

Fox Gang - Splash Art by tohdraws

(present style)