header image

10 Creative Characters

null

This image is simply titled Iceby Russian artist Andey Svorodin. I think the image is rendered excellently. I have always liked the duality of mystical creature and elemental forces.

null

This bizarre image is called a thing outer space…by taysonus son. This unique image is appealing to me on several levels. I think the character/being is hauntingly attractive. The eyes, the “hair”, the hand delicately holding the earth. The scale of the being is also very cool. It is a good way of illustrating how monumentally small our scale of living is compared to cosmic scales.

null

This is quite a disturbing character, but I like it. It is named Puppet of Phantomsby Xueguo Xang. The twisted anatomy of the figure provides the same sort of interest as someone with a gory wound from an accident or fight. Ever notice how people always want to see someone’s stitches or a large gaping wound? That is essentially how this image makes me feel; I want to look away, but I’m not going to.

null

This fantastic little picture is called Baby Chamaeleo calyptratus by Gregor Smukovic. I love the expression on the chameleon’s face as he plans his attack. The picture’s cartoon like feel accents the playfulness edging at the chameleon’s face.

null

This spectacular character is called Lord of Darkby Guang Yang. I absolutely love the detail in the armor and shape. The background and spikey nature of the armor couple for a great mechanical/inferno theme.

null

This picture is called Alienkillerby an artist called YangGuang. These three “Alienkillers” are very creative. The weapons and facial features are the prime representations or depictions of the feeling of animosity they radiate.

null

This image depicts multiple characters. The two main characters of the image are obviously the two soldiers (Roman-esque and other). The focus is mentioned in the title (Axe of Bronze by Michal Ivan), but the two main characters are still very appealing. The hero in gold radiates light while the demon like soldier is dark and grotesque, both representing their respective sides. The demon soldier is very creative in its rendering (along with the horde behind it).

null

This fantastic character is called the Mermaid Queenby Mark Molnar. The wonferful design of the Queen’s head and tail is very coral-esque, completeing the underwater royalty feel.

null

This hysterical character is known as the Underwear Stealer by Aldo Tan. The cow is absolutely zany and the face shows it more than anything (besides the underwear).

This free, mystical being is called the Dragon King by an artist named Ao-Kuang. The dragon has a wonderful sense of freedom. It even has a smile playing at its mouth and if I were soaring through the skies in such a way, I would have to feel the same.

~ by leisa on August 30, 2008 .