2 Animations with Unique Textures

1.  The first animation I will talk about is the movie Avatar.  I know it is mostly motion capture, but I still consider it an animation.  However, the textures used in this movie were so unique and marvelous that it made everything come to life and made the movie the big hit it is.  The textures made it seem like everything was thought about and planned; the plants, trees, aliens, ships, everything was beautiful and unique because it forged a world that was not like any other previously made.

2.  The second animation I will talk about is called Legend of the Guardians: Howls of Gahoul.  This movie is just a beautiful animation altogether, but we are talking about textures here.  *Spoiler Alert*  The parts of this movie when the textures are at their finest is when the group of howls finally find the Guardians’ Tree and the final battle scene.  Again, like with avatar, they were creating a world, except this world was relatively the same to earth, but what made it popular was that it was being portrayed through an howl’s perspective.  This made all the textures all the more important because howls are going to perceive things more differently than humans will.  All the colors were amplified to make it look more majestic, magical and epic.

This entry was posted in Homework/Class Assignments. Bookmark the permalink.