Another amazing bgsu blog

David smith

I liked his work because of the abstract shapes look human and even it isn’t human it is still recognizable. One of the peices in his firsr work looks like a clock piece for the person’s leg to me. I how polished he sculptures look.

Louise Bourgeoise

I like her work even though I don’t like spiders. Her sculptures are not the typical looking spiders however. These ones are larger than humans and have no eyes, mouth,and etc.The bodies look like a hornets nest or a beehives, but you can tell that they are spiders by the legs. I chose the metal layered because Ithought it would be cool to look up and see yourself  and the building reflected in the metal.

Barbara Hepworth

The reason Ichose this artists is because I liked how she twisted the forms and added string to it.I caught myself wondering how she made that form.Iliked her second pic because of the color and how the wire draws you ion to a central point.

Tatlin

I like his work because it looks like it’s going to fall.  Another reason I like this iartist is because some of his works looks as though it could be a roller coaster. The reason I like his second work is because of the name. It supposed to be a whirl of energy but it seemed static to me.

Archipenko

Ilike how his sculptures interpreted  human form in  different ways. You can tell from his sculptures what he is trying to represent but not realistically.

Louise Bourgeoise

I like her work even though I don’t like spiders. It made me wonder how those small tips could sustain all that weight. i believe the reason I like this sculpture is because of it’s size and that it doesn’t have the real eyes,and  mouth of a spider. her other work i like it because i just thought it would look cool to look up and see ourself reflected over and over in it.

44153994_maman_416_ap.jpg

23835491.JPG.jpg

Posted by on February 19th, 2010 at 2:20 am