Artist Roleplay: Jeff Koons & Georgia O’Keeffe

This past Thursday in class we completed an artist role play assignment in which we were pared up with one other person in the class and were required to research the artist and do a skit, some sort of dramatization to educate the rest of the class about our particular artist.  I chose to research Jeff Koons which is a modern American artist that has created giant reproductions of ordinary objects such as balloon animals.  Here is an image of one of his baloon animals in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2007.

This Roleplay assignment was a good oppertunity for myself to find out more about Secondlife and all that it can offer.  I was able to redesign my aviator to resemble Jeff Koons, that was a really cool to learn how to design your appearance inside Secondlife.  I was also able to explore the virtual world when shopping for clothes.

Finally with this project, I had the opportunity to work with a partner and her character was Georgia O’Keef which was an early American artist that challenged the boundaries of the modern American artistic styles.  She did many paintings that involved flowers, rocks, shells and animal bones.  These were sometimes very abstract images.  You can view our presentation below: