The Week & Deviant Art

So for the rest of this week I have been working quite a lot. I have spent the past three days on the river raft guiding, and currently I am on the way to Westwater Canyon which is a portion of the Westwater River in Utah. This will be a four day staff trip, basically to celebrate the culmination of all the work we have done this summer. We work 60-70 hours a week and get paid for only 40, but it has been an awesome experience! So, that’s what I have been up to for the week, and I will be surte to post some photos and some video of our Westwater trip when I get back on Thursday.

In relation to Art 101 I would like to talk about a particular website that is a very unique community that enables users to upload, share, and comment on other forms of art. These forms of art can be anywhere from digital to photographic. This website is Deviant Art. I stumbled upon Deviant Art back in 2003 and have been an active member ever since. Personally I use Deviant Art in my every day life to gather stock photos for me design work that I am currently doing for the U.S. Army and MWR. I highly encourage for anyone reading this to check out the website and become a member. Here is a link: http://www.deviantart.com

Here is an image that I uploaded on my Deviant Art site last summer.
The Canyons

This is an image inside Black Canyon in Southern Utah, during my National Outdoor Leadership School Canyoneering Course.  It is a long exposure image with an F-Stop of 4.5 and exposure time of 30 seconds.  I took this image on my Nikon D40 with a 35-55mm lens.

2 thoughts on “The Week & Deviant Art

1. Anthony Said,

July 14, 2009@ 11:00 am      

Glad you posted that link! Deviant is an excellent place for artists to network and find interesting images!