Magazine Ad Research

For my magazine ad spread, I have decided to do something near and dear to my heart; shoes! I have had a love affair with shoes for 23 years and it is only getting stronger. Not only am I doing a shoe ad, I am doing a Zigi Soho shoe ad. I have recently purchased my first pair of Zigi Soho sandals and I love them. This company makes shoes that are fun and flirty. With it being so close to Spring and sandal weather, I wanted to show off these vibrant shoes and get me in the mood for toe nail polish and flip flops.

As for the ad itself, I want it to represent the brand, and the best way to do that is by showing off the product and using lots of bright fun colors. The color scheme I have decided on consists of pink, orange, yellow, blue, and green; all in the brighter stages. I want to have pops of color in the texts and frames I plan on having the shoes I wish to advertise in. Basically, I want the ad to be as fun and flirty as the shoes themselves.

The images I have researched give a great feel for what kind of shoes this company makes. Currently everything is “boho chic” or bohemian chic. Lots of beading, feathers, and bright colors can be found in their current line of Summer sandals. My goal is to shoe that off to the best of my ability. The only concern I have is making my ad look too cluttered so I will try my best to monitor that situation.

Following is the research and creative processes I have come up with for my future ad: