The following is a virtual addendum to my First-Year Binder.
I. Librarian Effectiveness
- Example of a redesigned resource record (1)
Business Source Complete resource record
- Example of a redesigned databases-by-subject page (2)
Databases-by-subject page for business
- Example of a UL Blog post publicizing database trials (3)
“Campus Trials: ISI Web of Knowledge and Scopus,” October 21, 2009
- Example of web development (5)
“Library Databases and Browser Security Errors“
- Example of an Electronic Resources Update on the Reference Blog (7) (login required)
“E Resources Update 11-16-09“
- Spring 2010 E-Resources Update for Faculty (10)
“Spring 2010 Library Electronic Resources Update“
- Example of a UL Blog post publicizing a new database (11)
“New Resource – IPA Source“
- LibGuides created (15)
On topics: Ebooks at BGSU (for librarians), RefWorks, E-Books, Alternatives to Printing
For classes: “E-Books and Digital Content for Teaching,” “Manage Yourself and Your Info!“
- Blog post outlining plan to streamline access to LibGuides (for librarians) (16)
“Access to Guides“
- Course and Subject Guides Gateway (17)
II. Research & Creative Work
- “Lessons of Good Customer Service.” Library Journal 134.14 (1 September 2009): 33-34.
- “One Search Box to Rule Them All.” Guest post to ACRLog (22 January 2010).
- Online contributions to “Get A Job! ALA’s Toolkit for Getting a Job in a Tough Economy:” “Creativity in job search strategy” and “Interviewing.”
- Eastern Great Lakes Innovative Users Group 2009 Annual Conference Breakout Session Descriptions.
Slides with notes for “Best Practices and User Testing for Resource Record and Databases-By-Subject Page Design in the Millennium ERM.”
- My notes on ALA Connect for the ALA RUSA MARS Local Systems & Services Committee’s discussion group at Midwinter 2010: “Discovery Systems: Solutions a User Could Love?”