wesleyp's blog

September 25th, 2010

Reflective Journal – Week 4

Posted by wesleyp in LRND5660  Tagged ,    

Since I didn’t get a chance to write a reflection DURING week 4, I am dedicating this post to reflecting on a project I spent a nice chuck of my time working on in week 4.

So far this semester, I’ve spent plenty of time reading, summarizing, analyzing and interacting with my classmates and instructors. This was the first week that I dug in and did some actual research. I spend some time early on dreading the research, mostly due to bad experiences in undergrad, but I was pleasantly surprised both with what I learned and how my first screen cast turned out.

I didn’t realize how “boring” or as Terry nicely put it, “serious,” my screen cast was until after I turned it in (: I was a little bummed, but optimistic that I can be a little more “lively” in future screen casts. Some of my classmates did an excellent job being animated and even lightening up the information they were presenting with a joke.

In the end, I’m glad I spent some time researching Malcolm Knowles, and I am excited and optimistic about future screen casting projects.