Feed on
Posts
Comments

BGSU provides the campus community with a rich environment in which to learn and grow. This environment in turn yields high quality scholarship and creative achievements. We enjoy a collaborative relationship with Bowling Green and surrounding communities that enriches our campus and creates a diversity of experiences for students, faculty and staff. As we all work toward building the best University environment for the future, we can point with pride to a growing list of success based on our strengths.

What recent or historic successes at BGSU make you most proud?

2 thoughts on “Day 2, Aug. 26: What recent successes highlight BGSU’s strengths?

1. Wendy
    1:57 am - 8-27-2008

The Centers of excellence page omits nationally recognized achievements in the social sciences as well as other impressive scholarly accomplishments on campus.

A more comprehensive showcase which covers a wider range of accomplishments should be integrated into future statements about the university.

2. Glenn Tiede
    6:00 pm - 9-9-2008

This anecdote is not a success at the level of a Center of Excellence, but perhaps it is an even more significant indicator of the success of BGSU at providing a liberal arts education.

I am popular among students and often have students stop by my office just to say “hi”. I also teach about 600 students per year, so at any one time I know or at least recognize a large number of the members of our student body. This last weekend, Black Swamp Arts Festival weekend, I spent Friday night and most of Saturday at the Festival. While there I saw many students participating — even during the highly attended football game. To me at least, this simple observation that many of our students find visual art and musical art more engaging than football or just going home for the weekend is encouraging and indicative that we are elevating their intellectual acumen beyond what most of them have when they first enter as freshmen.