Saeed S. Alshahrani
3 Sep 2011

read to develop your writing

Author: Saeed | Filed under: Uncategorized

Read to develop your writing

When you are looking to develop something, you may not need to see exactly that thing. The best way to do that is to look around this specific thing and make sure what are the some things related to it.
If we are looking to writing development as that thing, I would say that you may not able to improve your writing skills as a specific as a writing only. There is couple of things you should look for.
I was a member in the Saudi Students society in Canada. My section was to help new students. I meet many of them and I was adviced them to read as much as they can. I said that reading is the best step to study grammar and writing.

I loved that sentence which I heard it today from my teacher, Angela who is the writing teacher for English language at BGSU, if you are a good reader means you are good writer.
In my opinion, unfortunately, for the people whom English is the second language can’t read for fun. They can read by their own language to good understand. I love to read romantic stories by my own language which is Arabic language and I have to read sciences books as I’m graduate student at BGSU. It seems more complex for romantic and sciences book in different languages. Because of many science books around me, I read every day not only to take notes and study but also to be a good reader which means a good writer.

Thank you.

Saeed