header image

Assignment 1- August 31, 2010

Part 1- Straightening a crooked image:

I imported the photo from mini Bridge then used the ruler tool (under the eyedropper) to draw a line across the correct horizon.  Then I clicked the “Straighten” option in the top bar. Voila!

Part 2:  Correcting Perspective:

For all three of these images I drew a crop box (using the crop tool) somewhat around each picture.  Then, I clicked the “Perspective” button in the top bar.  This allowed me to then click each corner and independently match them up with the corners of the work of art.  I hit enter once I knew the crop box’s corners aligned with the images.  Donezo!

Part 3: Creating a composite:

For this composition I used one photo of a car and one of an open road.  First I selected the car using the quick mask and paintbrush.  I then drug it to the background image as a new layer.  I duplicated the layer.  I then chose one of the cars and selected all the red using “Color Range” under the “Select” menu.  Once the red was all selected, I used the “Hue/Saturation” controls under “Image” to change the red to blue!  Then I resized and repositioned both cars and tried to make them look as real as possible.  I also duplicated the shadow of the blue car and created a black shadow layer to make the shadow look more real, as well as hiding the unmatching concrete from the original image. Woo!

Part 4:  Using Camera Raw:

For this part the first thing I did was increase the “Blacks”, “Contrast”, “Recovery”, and “Exposure”.  I lessened the “Brightness” and increased the “Vibrance” a little.  I basically just played with the controls til it looked good.  I then used the “Magnetic Lasso” tool to select the dog’s head (worked great for this, although I usually stay away from the lassos).  I then imported the dog head to my background image and sized/positioned it to my liking.  I also touched up a few places around the dog’s head to get it to blend better and look more natural. Cha-ching-a!

~ by oberzm on August 31, 2010 .