Sep 21

Green Eggs and Ham

One of my all time favorite books to read as a child was the classic Green Eggs and Ham by Doctor Seuss. The book includes two characters one who loves green eggs and ham, and one that doesn’t. The one character refuses to eat the green eggs and ham, while the other is trying to force him into trying actually trying them out for once. At the end the man who refuses, finally tries the green eggs and ham. He then learns that he actually loves green eggs and ham.

Theme

The overall theme throughout this book is to try new things. Don’t get stuck in your little box and not let anyone or anything enter. Experiencing new things is a fun and enjoyable thing.

Poster Thumbnails

Large Sketches

For this design I am going to have an egg and a piece of ham within the poster. Using photoshop I am going to change the colors of these to make them look somewhat realistic, so they actually look like green eggs and ham. There will be a line on the poster dealing with the theme of the story, and in the background I am going to find the main character from the book, and have him saying, would you like some green get and ham.

Photos For Project