Archive for January, 2009

01-21-09

Monday, January 26th, 2009

Last class we discussed the ethical issues involved in class and in speeches.  We discussed how people in class should act while watching speeches and giving them and how they should be ethically sound. Everyone came up with their own ethical issues that we posted on blackboard.  Coming up with our own ethical issues is a good way to set the ground rules for class.

Introduction

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009

Hello. My name is Erin O’Riley and I from Marietta, GA, a suburb of Atlanta.  I have lived in many different cities throughout my life, most in Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.  I graduated high school in 2002, and then went on to college at the Florida State University.  While at FSU I rushed a sorority and played lacrosse for the university.  I had an amazing four and a half years there and I graduated in December 2006 with a bachelor of science degree in family, child and consumer sciences, with a minor in communication.  After graduation I had no clue what I was going to do, so I moved back home to Marietta and began coaching lacrosse at a local high school.  I have always enjoyed being involved in sports, and realized then I wanted to make a career out of it.  I decided to go back to school to get a degree in sport management, which brought me here to Bowling Green.  This is my second year at BGSU and I will graduate this year with a degree in sport management, and then back out into the real world.  This time, I am actually looking forward to it, I am definitely ready to finish school.

I have always been involved in sports. For three years I played goalie for the FSU women’s lacrosse team.  I also the treasurer for the team.  I am a member of a sorority, and I also held positions within the house. Currently I work for the BGSU football team as a recruiting coordinator assistant.  Last semester I was able to do my practicum with the BGSU football team, with the director of operations.  I was able to gain a lot of experience and learned a lot about the business.  I enjoy working with the football team and being involved with the program.  

This is just a little background information about myself.

Hello world!

Tuesday, January 20th, 2009

Welcome to blogs.bgsu.edu by COBL. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!