Group Presentation

I think that one my strengths from this last speech was my improvisation.  When we agreed to divide this speech into sections, I got the introduction and conclusion.  My main job was to do the powerpoint.  So there was not very much for me to discuss.  When presenting, I like to be very simple and straightforward.  I normally am very prepared and have many different things to discuss, but do to the fact that I had a little amount to talk about, I did the reading and talked about it.  I think that I am a good presentational speaker.

I think that as a unit, we presented our chapter very well.  We covered all the points and ideas of the chapter very well.  There was a lot of technical content in this chapter and every person covered all of them wonderfully.  I think that my teammated did a good job in helping me present.  For the conclusion, I basically restated what they said earlier in the speech.  Because I had the conclusion, I worked with them on what I was going to say to have a good conclusion and introduction.

I think that for our next speech we could divide up the speaking opportunities more evenly.  I realize that the powerpoint is a very tedious assignment for any group, but I felt like I could have said more.  With our next group presentation, we have split everything up move evenly.  I think for my next speech, I could prepare a lot better and have a set design for what I’m going to say. 

As stated above, I think that we could split up the jobs a little more evenly.  Also another we could do was to be more concerned with the timing of our speech to make sure that we cover the alotted time.  Another helpful thing for our next speech is that we are all here before we present.  This last speech, spring break seemed to disorganize things. 

I liked this presentation.  I think that it is an effective way to teach a chapter and another way to get people in front of the class.  However, I would rather do presentation on my own instead of in groups.  With group presentations, I do not think they are as effective than individual speeches.  I feel like I learn more from individuals than groups.