Follow Me Fashions

Future Fashion Icon Alexander Wang
Posted on October 18th, 2011 at 4:00 pm by and

We all know the big-time designer names: Gucci, Prada, Ralph Lauren, etc., but designer Alexander Wang will soon make his way on the list.

Taking over the fashion streets of New York, Wang, 27, has earned himself a career at such a young age. Wang has earned himself a $2 million dollar loft in Tribeca, as well as a fashion collection that is being worn by A-list celebrities.

His fashion shows and after-parties are ones that no one wants to miss. Wang’s most recent fashion show was held in September. Guests such as Lea Michele and Alicia keys attended, according to LAtimes.com.

“Perhaps more than any other American designer working today, Wang is a product of his times, creating collections for a generation raised on the Internet, extreme sports and sexually suggestive imagery and for whom nostalgia means 1990s grunge,” reported LAtimes.com.

Unfortunately for bargainers, Wang’s collections run on the expensive side. Clothing and shoes run from $100 to a few thousand dollars.

Wang’s first clothing line was launched in 2007, beginning at the ripped jeans, biker jackets, and burnout tees. Since then, his collections have become more classy and sophisticated, turning into a “Miami-Vice” style.

Through his many years of education, Wang achieved his big dreams and became a well-known fashion designer. His designs are sold in 500 venues around the country.

25 thoughts on “Future Fashion Icon Alexander Wang

1. Link Here | October 19, 2011,

Interesting post. I really loved your lead. It was factual, yet it was enough to make me want to read more. Great job!

Tara Keller

2. Link Here | October 19, 2011,

I agree with Tara. Also interesting to see how someone reached their dreams that they had set for themself. Makes me realize never give up on what I love.

Meghan Coburn

3. Link Here | October 19, 2011,

I would love to see more photos and videos linked to your blog. The information is very easy to absorb and I like that. I am a visual person and photos always make a page “POP”! A photo showing who Alexander Wang is would be beneficial.

Mykel Lindsay

4. Link Here | October 21, 2011,

This is going to be an interesting read because I know nothing about fashion. Are you going to blog about guy fashion along with girl fashion?

pamarti

5. Link Here | October 23, 2011,

Good topic for a post, good information, nice photo. However, I notice your story is almost an exact rewrite of the L.A. Times story, paragraph for paragraph. You should summarize the story more in your own words and put the attribution high in the story. You also need to keep attributing throughout the story, or it makes it look like you reported this yourself, which you didn’t! Also, make sure to keep your opinion out of the post.

Writing points: you say “earned himself” twice here:

AP style on $2 million loft

Sara Shipley Hiles

6. Link Here | February 6, 2012,

He is one of my favourite. Extremely interesting and talented designer.

Jim London |    

7. Link Here | February 7, 2012,

I think he looks stunning. Very classy and sophisticated. Demonstration of a great taste! Noting to be added or removed!

Tina Rentals |    

8. Link Here | February 8, 2012,

Absolutely fashion icon, look at how easily he looks so stylish!

Tina Removal |